As a Release Manager, you will be working in a team of highly motivated people that share a real passion about software development and every topic related to Project Delivery Optimization, Application Lifecycle Management, DevOps, Continuous Integration / Deployment / Delivery / Improvement / … You are responsible for managing the complete release cycle from inception to production including the support of the warranty period. You assist with the planning of and support the identification of the release content. You create and maintain the release plans and are responsible for the implementation of the release. You get approval on the release plan and content from the management and the involved stakeholders.
You identify release risks and issues, define and maintain a mitigation plan, and escalate this to the necessary management level. You report the release status to management and all concerned stakeholders.
If necessary, you define the required reports and documentation and are responsible for the qualitative implementation. The focus of the Release Manager is on delivering the releases and the quality of the release process and its deliverables. Therefore, you identify opportunities to improve quality and reduce waste from the release process and define/maintain a plan to achieve this.
CalmWare is focused on optimizing customer’s projects (lifecycles) and their outcome. We concentrate on the complete product & project cycle, which starts from the idea of creating an application or starting a business project until when that application or project goes out-of-support.
- Define, maintain and communicate the release plans & release content
- Define, maintain, execute and communicate the detailed plans to execute the release plan steps
- Get approval and buy¬-in on the release plan and content from management and stakeholders
- Perform release process assessments and define a quality improvement plan
- Identify release risks and issues and define actions to mitigate them
- Define, gather, monitor and report progress
- Create and maintain release KPI’s and report these on regular basis
- Organize and manage the required meetings
- All your activities are focused on quality and are supported by an Agile attitude
Certainly don’t hesitate to apply if the description beneath matches your profile:
- Minimal 2 years of experience as Release Manager (full or partial process)
- Project Management experience
- Quality assurance experience and implementation knowledge
- Good communication skills to share information to the end user and to your colleagues (fluent English speaking and writing is a must, French is a plus)
- Able to work in group but also as an individual and able to build relationships
- Experience with one or more Atlassian Tools or other tools with corresponding functionalities: JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Crucible, FishEye, Crowd, …
- ITIL-knowledge and/or certification: Pragmatic process implementation, Release management, Change management, Deployment management, Service Validation and testing, …
- People (Change) Management skills and coaching-the-coach principles
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Agile software development and deployment methodologies & technologies
- Willing to work on several projects at the same time
We offer you a competitive wage, depending on your experience, with lots of non-statutory benefits like a company car, fuel card, group- and health insurance, … but it doesn’t stop there!
We guarantee that you will become an even more experienced and well-educated professional because we offer you the desired trainings to get the most out of your booming career!